here to download the resumé (pdf)
KATHRYN FEURY RAGLAND
(617) 266-5508 (o) • (617) 899-0941 (c)
• Meticulous, vibrant and detail-oriented writer.
• Eagle-eyed editor with a strong aptitude for molding copy
into crisp and concise text.
• Team player with pleasant personality and excellent people
• Energetic and dynamic teacher.
• Self-starter, as well as a calm and flexible problem-solver
in high-pressure situations.
• Enthusiastic individual who is quick to establish relationships
with co-workers, interviewees and students.
• Creative thinker.
Published in the following magazines: Self, Health,Glamour,
More, Redbook, Marie Claire, Ladies’ Home Journal, Fitness, Child,
Parenting, American Baby,Natural Health, Hers, Family Circle, Woman’s
Day,Walking, Boston magazine, Boston Globe Sunday Magazine, Concierge,
• Upcoming book to be published by
Crown Publishing Group. Author.
• The Stuntwoman’s Workout (Quirk Books, 2005)Editor.
Health & Wellness 2003, (Oxmoor House, Inc.,
2002) Reprint of "How to Really Reach Your Goals," originally
featured in Health magazine.
• The Complete Guide to Walking for Health, Weight Loss, and
Press, 2001) Editor. Now in it's second printing.
• Stiletto Boot Camp: Writing for Women's Magazines
Eight-week classroom course
• Introduction to Magazine Writing. Four-week classroom course
• E-Boot Camp for Journalists: Intensive one-on-one instruction
Fall 2002 - Present
MediaBistro.com, New York, NY
February 2004-January 2005
Launch editor of this monthly fitness and healthmagazine, which
is distributed to health and fitnessclubs all across the United
States. Conceived, developed, and helped to design the editorial
content. Hired and managed the entire editorial and freelancestaff.
Set up and supervised an editorial board made up of nationally
acclaimed leaders in the fitness industry.Edited and signed off
on every page of each issue. Maintained the magazine’s budget,
went on sales calls.
Freelance editor for this magazine considered "TheGuide to
True Wellness". Edited fitness, health, nutrition, psychology
and self-help pieces.
Senior Associate Editor
Edited fitness features; health, weight loss, and takecharge columns;
and Kathy Smith's how to column.Wrote fitness features and travel
columns. Launched and managed web site. Organized and supervisedevents
sponsored by Walking Magazine. Coordinatedand lead overseas walking
trips with readers. Composed headlines, deks and coverlines. Generatedstory
ideas continuously. Built strong relationships withexperts in a
variety of fields, freelance writers, and print media contacts.
New York, NY
Associate Health, Nutrition and Fitness Editor
Edited heath, fitness and nutrition feature stories.Wrote shorts
and full-length features. Produced the"Your Health" page.
Reviewed and excerpted book manuscripts.
New York, NY
Assistant Health and Nutrition Editor, Editorial Associate, Editorial
Be Well (Health magazine produced by Family Circle). Associate
Your Family's Health (Joint venture between U.S. News and World
Report and Family Circle). Associate Editor
American Society of Magazine Editors Intern
University, Ithaca, N.Y. Bachelor of Science, Communication, 1994.
MediaBistro.com’s monthly events for
media professional in Boston.
• Event and fundraising coordinator:
Cornell Club of Boston and New York
• Honorary member: Ivy Society
• Discharge and front desk volunteer: MassachusettsGeneral Hospital.
Presented with "Volunteer Service Award" in 2001
coordinator and member: Mass GeneralHospital Cycling Team